The event for the unconvinced
An Enhanced Gravel Loop beginning and ending at the Forestville Basecamp. You, a couple hundred friends, and the wild U.P. In our opinion, a better day on the bike does not exist.
• GPS mandatory
• No course markings.
• Race Director will provide a course file, you will load on the GPS, and follow.
• Required gear checklist provided.
• Pre-race gear check performed, if anything is missing you will be DQ’d.
• 12-hour time limit.
• Racer Meeting: Friday night, TBD
• Race start: Saturday, 8:00am
• Course previews, files, and updates will be provided early spring 2019.
EVENT CUT-OFF: 8:00 PM Saturday –12-hours from the start of your event.
You will be provided a booklet in lieu of a number plate. Traditional race plates are dead to us. Think of your passport as your number plate. DO NOT LOSE IT. You’ll need it at checkpoints and at the finish line. The passport will contain helpful information such as: required gear checklist, the rules, course information, bail point information, and more.
BASECAMP | LOGISTICS
This is your basecamp: Forestville Trailhead rustic camping.
We have reserved Forestville for the weekend. Sites can be claimed on a first come-first serve basis. As the event approaches more information regarding basecamp will be provided. Be respectful to the event staff and each other. Respect the property. You are not required to camp at basecamp Saturday night but you need to be there Friday night. Start times will not be random this year.
In the event you choose to camp with us, your camping has been paid for. If you feel guilty, donate to our youth programs. The money will be used to empower kids through outdoor adventure!
- REQUIRED GEAR IS MANDATORY.
- GPS IS MANDATORY.
- GPX-files will be provided by the event prior to race day.
- The course IS NOT MARKED.
- Cell service is unreliable, if not impossible.
Many racers will arrive in the U.P. with family and friends planning to serve as a support team. We encourage this activity, but please be advised we are working on and will issue some guidelines intended to manage where and when support can be provided. The most likely answer will be in one of the predetermined checkpoints. Stay tuned for more information on the topic.
When you sign up for The Crusher mailing list