It took a while but Crushers finally got a taste of what a little bit of weather can do to the course. Hint: Mud. Lots of MUD… but that didn’t stop Kiko and his bmx bike from crushing the EX225, or Shawn from crushing his goal 10-months after open heart surgery, or Mike and Bryce (11) from bikepacking the EX100. We heard some great stories last week.
It’s a great reminder why we do this. If you look at what Kiko did (79+ hours) or anyone else for that matter we’re reminded it’s not for the medals, crowds, or glory. We’re not waiting for someone to validate the experience. The start and finish line are in a truck stop parking lot. Could you get less-sexy? Actually… it could… don’t dare us 😂 but I digress. Moving on…
Some beacons are still available if ya wanna get out there and Crush it this weekend. You need to be registered, download the gpx file, and get the passport. Then:
Once you’re on the list you will receive more info about beacon pickup this week. If you’re not familiar with how to work the beacons hit this link and visit the private Crusher group on Facebook – we posted a short video “how to use your beacon”.
CRUSHER: ENHANCED GRAVEL DISCUSSIONS
1. Leave your agenda, labels, and politics at home.
2. Respect everyone.
3. You’ll see swearing and middle fingers. If you’re sensitive don’t join the group.
It’s pretty simple.
NEWS & NOTES
- Northwestern Road has active logging!
- Inclement weather is not a Crushers friend – don’t get caught out there without proper gear!
- The seasons are changing. Temps are dropping at night. Common mistakes include: People overestimating their readiness and underestimating their gear needs. That’s a recipe for hypothermia. BE PREPARED.
ROUTES + GPX FILES
There have been no changes to any of the routes in the past month. We still suggest downloading fresh GPX files before you head out. GPX and passport download buttons are located at the bottom of this page.
SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS
Year-to-date 472 people have registered to Crush it. 222 (47%) of them are participating in the EX side of the event.