36 folks plan to CRUSH it this week. A group of 20 coaches and youth from the Adventure Team are headed out tomorrow. We have a couple people headed out to bikepack the 300 and about 20 more tackling various distances this weekend.
The forecast is looking good… for now. Remember to be ready for anything. Bring all of the recommended gear. Don’t cut corners. You’re better off taking it and not needing it than the alternative.
Have a great week out there!
Some beacons are still available if ya wanna get out there and Crush it this weekend. You need to be registered, download the gpx file, and get the passport. Then:
* Telling me you plan to start at 6:00ish doesn’t work. We need exact times.
Once you’re on the list you will receive more info about beacon pickup this week. If you’re not familiar with how to work the beacons hit this link and visit the private Crusher group on Facebook – we posted a short video “how to use your beacon”.
CRUSHER: ENHANCED GRAVEL DISCUSSIONS
1. Leave your agenda, labels, and politics at home.
2. Respect everyone.
3. You’ll see swearing and middle fingers. If you’re sensitive don’t join the group.
NEWS & NOTES
- Northwestern Road has active logging!
- Inclement weather is not a Crushers friend – don’t get caught out there without proper gear!
- The seasons are changing. Temps are dropping at night. Common mistakes include: People overestimating their readiness and underestimating their gear needs. That’s a recipe for hypothermia. BE PREPARED.
ROUTES + GPX FILES
There have been no changes to any of the routes in the past month. We still suggest downloading fresh GPX files before you head out. GPX and passport download buttons are located at the bottom of this page.
SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS