- Have fun! Enjoy the adventure!
- Crusher is a self-supported event. You are responsible for you. By doing this event you agree to abide by the Self-Supported ethos at all times.
- Carry the right gear for the task at hand.
- Road Rules apply. Do not get hit by a car, cause an accident or mayhem.
- Approved cycling helmets must be worn at all times.
- You must have a GPS unit. NO exceptions.
- Cut-off times:
- 225 miles – 36 hours.
- 50 mile run – 24 hours.
- 100 mile bike – 24 hours.
- 40 mile bike – 12 hours.
- 100 mile run – 36 hours.
- The team that completes the course in the least amount of time after Penalties/Bonuses wins.
- Teams must stick together at all times – no split checkpoints.
- Teams must reach at least 4 of the 8 checkpoints to finish.
- There are 4 mandatory checkpoints.They are labeled with RED text in the passport.
- Teams may reach checkpoints in any order.
- Time penalties/bonuses are as follows:
- 4 checkpoints +0hr penalty
- 5 checkpoints -1hr bonus
- 6 checkpoints -2hr total bonus
- 7 checkpoints -4hr total bonus
- 8 checkpoints -7hr total bonus
- The following road(s)/trail(s) are OFF-LIMITS:
- CR 550/Big Bay Rd north of Harlow Lake Road, in its entirety.
- You MUST respect private land. Do not trespass unless the passport expressly allows it.
- Neutral assistance is allowed from locals and other racers. Neutral being defined as offered equally to everyone!
- Competitors can stock up on supplies at a C-store, restaurant, community aid stations, etc.
- In the event they leave the course for any reason, competitors must return to the same point they left the course and begin from there. (Teams are exempt here – they have no course!)
- The race director reserves the right to disqualify teams for any reason deemed by race officials to be unsportsmanlike or otherwise against the spirit of the event and its self-supported ethos.
- Checkpoints are landmark based. You’ll be required to take a picture per the checkpoint descriptions in the Passport.
Upon completion of the event, send your ride file/Strava link and selfies to race director to be double checked and officially logged with a finishing time.
When you sign up for The Crusher mailing list