50-Mile Ultra Crusher Navigation Tip
One of our ultra runners, Thomss Myers, put together this tip for you.
Download the Avenza Maps App on your phone
Get the map.
Go to https://northcountrytrail.org/trail/maps/
Scroll down the until you see: Michigan – Upper Peninsula
- Central UP
- For Smart Phones: Add to the Avenza App
- Click on: Add to the Avenza App
This will bring you to: avenzamaps.com – Michigan’s Central UP (MI Map 33 – 68)
- Scroll down until you see: Get this Map Bundle (high-lighted in red)
- Click on this – on my Iphone it’ll ask to open in “Avenza Maps” OPEN
- Then on top left you will see button to INSTALL click INSTALL
This may sound redundant and it kind of is but is what has to be done (at least on my Iphone X)
On the bottom of the Avenza App click on – Tap on “My Maps”
Then on Top of the App you’ll see icon that looks like “Profile” tap this
Then you’ll see button for “Purchase History” click this
This will take you to the maps you installed from (MI Map 33 – 68)
- You will need to install Maps 34 through 41 for the Crusher 50
- Once you click on install my Iphone shows a “Success” click OK
- Now this map will show up on your “My Maps” repeat those steps to get all the maps for The Crusher 50
Once The Maps 34 – 41 are installed you can use them at anytime even on “Airplane Mode” to conserve battery while out on the course. I have tested this method while out on the course and it works amazingly well.
If anyone has questions they can call, text or email me at any time.