Team 50+ Miles
“Barkley Marathons meets Amazing Race”
– Kathy Schut, 2018 team event finisher
- Teams must stick together or be DQ’d.
- Checkpoints mandatory.
- GPS mandatory.
- Starts & finishes at the Forestville Basecamp
- No course, no markings. Unscripted adventure.
- Stay off private property.
- Race Director will provide checkpoint locations, maps, and other data.
- You and your teammate decide how to get to each checkpoint as quickly as possible.
- Most checkpoints in the least amount of time = wins.
- Required gear checklist provided.
- Pre-race gear check performed, if anything is missing you will be DQ’d.
- 12-Hour time limit.
- Teams will not have access to any checkpoint information until the Friday night prior to events.
Some users and web browsers have issues with GPX files. We will assist in loading onto your GPS unit at Basecamp on Friday night. Until then if you’re having issues call your techy friend who has done this before. This is not the final GPX file and is only a sample, but close enough for scouting, recon and general course knowledge. It’s close, but not quite exact.